About the Teacher Enrichment Leadership Academy (TELA)
The Teacher Enrichment Leadership Academy (TELA), formerly known as the Voelcker Biosciences Teacher Academy (VBTA), focuses on the teacher – the primary fulcrum for student success. Hosted by the Teacher Enrichment Initiatives in the Department of Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, the Academy seeks to empower Bexar County area school teachers. These teachers will find networking opportunities, best practices, quality instructional materials, and a forum to tackle tough educational standards.
Mission Statement of Teacher Enrichment Leadership Academy (TELA)
- Disseminating information to teachers
- Offering professional development opportunities
- Establishing mentor networks
- Offering strategies for best practices
- Creating a student culture that promotes independent, active, lifelong learners